Remembrance Cremation Center is located at our Sherwood Chapel on State Route 3 North in Wooster. Having our own crematory ensures that your loved one never leaves our care. Remembrance Cremation Center also serves many funeral homes throughout Ohio due to our ability to care for families that other crematories are not able to accommodate. Cremation increases the viewing, service, and personalization options. Roberts Funeral Home personalizes all of our services to reflect the uniqueness of each life lived.
As always, please contact us if you have any questions – we’re here to help.
In our area, there is an increasing trend toward viewing and visitations. Viewing options for cremation include:
- A public visitation allows friends and family, neighbors and colleagues to say goodbye, share memories, and offer sympathies.
- A private viewing gives the family and close friends a chance to express their feelings in a more intimate setting. A public visitation with no viewing may follow.
- Some families elect to have no viewing. A public visitation or gathering of friends may still be held.
Cremation provides many options for services prior to or following cremation. We can assist in creating a meaningful event to honor a life lived. A service without the casket present is usually referred to as a Memorial Service. A service with the casket present is referred to as a funeral service. In either case, a service can be referred to a Celebration of Life Service, which simply implies a different focus. Some of these options include:
- A public service at the funeral home or church with or without the casket present
- A private service at the funeral home or church with or without the casket present
- A public or private committal service at a cemetery
- The committal service can be held before or after the public or private service
Following cremation and/or the service, there are several options available. The remains may be:
- Inurned (in a mausoleum niche, columbarium or memorial bench),
- Scattered, or
- Taken home
To make the Funeral Service more meaningful, personalized items may be included. Some personalization options are listed below:
- Personalized Register Book, Memorial Folders, Acknowledgement Cards
- Video Tribute
- Memory Picture Board
- Memorial Portrait
- Dove Release / Balloon Release
- Personal mementos / memorabilia (woodworking projects, crocheting, etc.)
- Sharing of personal stories, memories
- Special music
- Contributions to a favorite charity or cause
- Personalized caskets
We have several service plans that include many of the most popular personalized items and services.